[Spce-user] calls between users

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue Apr 26 12:03:05 EDT 2011

Hi Suman,

On 04/26/2011 05:48 PM, Suman Gandham wrote:
> Does SIPWise allows Presence and is it possible to make calls between
> users ?

No presence out-of-the-box yet (also not in upcoming v2.2) due to the
many interop-issues regarding xcap and sip/simple between different
clients. If you've one specific client implementation in mind, we can
help you get it up and running.

Sure users can call each other, both using the sip uri and the e164
number (although the From-header is replaced by the e164 number, since
99% of the deployments rely on phone numbers, so this needs to be
patched out of the configuration template
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy.cfg, look for
uac_replace_from() ).

> I am thinking about developing a app similar to skype and provide user
> to user calls using our dialer ?
>
> Is it possible ?

Absolutely. If you use mjsip for example and extend it by xcap, then you
can build a full-blown SIP client with voice/video/presence/im/buddylist
capabilities. I don't see any blocking issues on the CE side. If you use
SPCE v2.2 next week, then you can follow
http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:presence:k31-made-simple to implement
presence and xcap. Audio/Video calling should work out-of-the-box.

Andreas