[Spce-user] SIP SIMPLE into Sipwise

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:21:02 EDT 2011

Hello,

On 4/12/11 5:52 PM, Skyler wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Sorry to hijack this thread. John mentioned about "crazy CPU/RAM out
> of nowhere". I'm thinking to set this up at our company. Would anyone
> have direct experience with presence&IM for <500 users? What CPU/RAM
> is recommended? Is it necessary to tie 2 spce servers with one only
> for SIMPLE? Any docs around on doing that?

the remark was made for chatting done via openfire (and I guess xmpp).

For <500users, it should be fine one instance. Note that chat in sip is
rather simple, should scale a lot, the presence aggregation is consuming
more resources as it does xml processing.

Cheers,
Daniel

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com