[Spce-user] Dial voicemail using VSC ...

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Aug 8 12:41:47 EDT 2011

Hi all,

On 08/08/2011 06:04 PM, Sébastien Cramatte wrote:
> VERY CONFUSING !!!!!!   I don't understand  how priority works ... From
> up to down or  vice versa ...
>
> Hope that Sipwise guys explain us what occurs here ....

This was a bug on our side. It's intended to work from top to bottom,
but in fact it does the other way around. Sorry for the confusion. Looks
like not whole lot of people use overlapping rewrite rules.

It's fixed in our dev version now, but I'm uneasy pushing this fix back
to v2.2, since it'll potentially break other people's rules if they
don't reorder them after the update. So we'll keep it as is for this
version, update the handbook accordingly, and for the next version,
we'll fix the rules automatically to appear from top to bottom.

There will be a change in how rewrite rules are going to be manged in
the next version anyways. Currently, you need to define them for each
domain and each peer, and for your convenience you were able to copy
rules from one peer to another. The new approach will be like we do it
with NCOS levels already. You will define them globally and give them a
name, and then you can assign them to any peer or domain (or even a
subscriber) in a drop-down list as a preference. That way, you can
re-use a rule-set for multiple domains or peers without having to define
them from scratch each time, and you can have dedicated rewrite rules
for specific subscribers also, which will - if defined - overrule the
rule set you specified for the domain.

Andreas