[Spce-user] spce caller name peered with Asterisk/FreeSwitch

Jonathan Scott jonathan at xpressamerica.net
Wed Aug 10 12:03:19 EDT 2011

On 8/10/2011 11:51 AM, Jon Bonilla wrote:

>> I have pasted the logs here: http://pastebin.com/QduSXbfB
>> The example call is 2073911000 ->  2073911666, theres only a few subs on
>> there so the logs aren't too busy.
>>

> Please keep the list in CC
>
> What's the problem with the call? What do you expect to happen that it's not
> happening?
>

> Jon

Hi, thanks for the reply I apologize for not CC'ing the list.

That particular call is placed from our Asterisk box, the caller name
should be XpressAmerica, not 207391100 at 71.241.208.21 which is the IP of
the Asterisk Box.
Am I wrong to expect SPCE to retain caller name information? I've never
had issues with CNAME in a pure sip environment... our Asterisk box gets
it's caller information off of a PRI, and I can understand why that may
not be presented to that particular trunk at the moment, but those calls
are placed directly off the Asterisk box from IP phones for the purpose
of confirming CNAME is being presented.

--
Jonathan Scott Knox
Systems Administrator