[Spce-user] Retrieve Voicemail - [resolved]

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:04:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 20:50 -0700, Michael Molina wrote:
> Let's say you are a subscriber, have a phone number at home. You want
> to get your voicemails by using your cell phone. What number do you
> dial. how you setup this?? You have a password that can be changed
> through the user's web portal. How do you retrieve your voice mail
> from any phone??
> Michael Molina

 I see now what you mean. You need to add a line to asterisk
extensions.conf to enable this.

vi /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.tt2

within [sip_in] context, add this line

exten => _a,1,Macro(voicemailowner_pass,${EXTEN:3})

save and ngcpcfg apply

Now when a user calls into thier DID and reach voicemail, they press '*'
and will be prompted for a password. Password is the PIN within
subscriber web-interface.

--Skyler