[Spce-user] NAT Handeling for 2 UAs behind same NAT device

Daniel Tiefnig dtiefnig at sipwise.com
Thu Jan 6 13:10:26 EST 2011

On 01/06/2011 01:59 PM, Deon Vermeulen wrote:
> The kamailio scripts are a bit over my head, so I'm trying to
> understand how the scripts handle NAT, especially when 2 UAs are
> behind the same NAT Device.
>
> Will mediaproxy be used or will the RTP stream go from UA to UA?

The media stream will be routed via the media proxy, 'cause we can't
know whether the devices are in the same subnet. Even if they are behind
the same NAT gateway, there can be several subnets behind it and we
don't know how big these are and whether traffic is routed/allowed
between them.

br,
daniel