[Spce-user] How to register 3rd party SIP service provider.

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 09:33:41 EST 2011

Hi.

o Sailo VL Hruaia on 01/10/2011 03:08 PM:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for the instruction. Following the instruction, my SIP server
> seem to register sucseccfully to 3rd party SIP server. However, when I
it actually didn't register to smartvoip, but it did to localphone.

For betamax providers (as e.g. smartvoip which you're using), you
don't need to register to their service. It's ok to just uac
authenticate your calls. So you can remove reg_agent and
registrar_client from load_plugins in sems.conf.

> tried calling a PSTN number, my softphone dialler says 'Failed to
> establish call' . I attached the log files of Kamailio and SEMS with
> screenshot of Peering servers page.
>
> What could the problem be?
you are using a betamax provider; their proxy has a bug which results
in this log message:
Jan 10 11:26:13 sip sems[27470]: [#41d4e950] [update_uac_reply,
trans_layer.cpp:1246] DEBUG: To-tag missing in final reply (see
sems.conf?)

there's a workaround which you need to enable in
/opt/sems/etc/sems/sems.conf:
  accept_fr_without_totag=yes

For the other one, localphone, it should work without that.

Then, I don't see any calls coming to SEMS, but this error in the
kamailio log:
   ERROR: <script>: No PSTN gateways available - M=INVITE
I think you need to add a default peering rule; I just left "Callee
Prefix" and "Caller Pattern" empty, and just added a name "default rule".

hth
Stefan