[Spce-user] How to register 3rd party SIP service provider.

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:32:48 EST 2011

Hi,

so here's an update to this - with a newer version of SEMS (from git
master) we can also handle incoming calls correctly, for example based
on the source IP address of the INVITE message, we can select to
either send the call to 3rd party service provider with
authentication, or refuse it, or send it to ngcp to route that to
local user.

Installation:
-------------
A newer build (1.4.0-dev8a9bca7) is available at
http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/1.4/1.4.0-dev8a9bca7/packages/debian/lenny64/sems_1.4.0-dev8a9bca7_amd64.deb

If you are following the receipe below, replace the this URL for
1.4.0-dev423329a  with this one.

If you have followed the tutorial below, and you would like to update
by unpacking this in /opt/sems/ as described below, be sure to make a
backup of your previous configuration, as the configuration will be
overwritten otherwise. What worked for me was:
  cd /opt/
  mv sems sems1
  mkdir sems; cd sems
  wget
http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/1.4/1.4.0-dev8a9bca7/packages/debian/lenny64/sems_1.4.0-dev8a9bca7_amd64.deb
  ar x sems_1.4.0-dev8a9bca7_amd64.deb ; tar xzvf data.tar.gz
  rm control.tar.gz  data.tar.gz  debian-binary
  cp -r ../sems1/etc/sems/* etc/sems/

Refusing incoming calls from 3rd party SIP service provider
To refuse incoming calls from the 3rd party provider, we set the
following:
/opt/sems/etc/sems/etc/sbc.conf:
  profiles=auth_b2b,refuse
  active_profile=$M($si=>src_ipmap),refuse
  regex_maps=src_ipmap

And in /opt/sems/etc/sems/etc/src_ipmap.conf we map our own IP to the
auth_b2b SBC profile:
  #^10\.0\..*=>internal1
  #^10\.1\..*=>internal2
  ^<your public IP>=>auth_b2b

e.g.
   ^69.163.11.15=>auth_b2b

We can set the error code in
/opt/sems/etc/sems/etc/refuse.sbcprofile.conf (by default it is 403).

Routing incoming calls to ngcp
------------------------------
If we want to route incoming calls from the service provider to ngcp,
we set
/opt/sems/etc/sems/etc/sbc.conf:
  profiles=auth_b2b,to_ngcp
  active_profile=$M($si=>src_ipmap),to_ngcp
  regex_maps=src_ipmap

and create a file
/opt/sems/etc/sems/etc/to_ngcp.sbcprofile.conf:
  RURI=sip:$rU@<ngcp domain.net>
  next_hop_ip=<your public IP>
  next_hop_port=5060

e.g.
  RURI=sip:$rU at myngcp.net
  next_hop_ip=69.163.11.15
  next_hop_port=5060

We should then be able to use inbound rewrite rules for Callee on our
domain, applying that to the user name of the 3rd party provider that
we have registered to, in the example 8111111 (even though I wam not
able to create any rules that match here). If the 3rd party provider
sets the callee in the To, we could also e.g. use
RURI=sip:$tU at myngcp.net .

If incoming calls should always be routed to one user, e.g. to
stefan at myngcp.net, then we can set:
  RURI=sip:stefan at myngcp.net
  next_hop_ip=69.163.11.15
  next_hop_port=5060

Further customization
All the sbc module options, including the replacement patterns to use
in RURI, From and To, are explained in the SEMS sbc module Documentation:
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sems;a=blob_plain;f=doc/Readme.sbc.txt

Stefan

o Stefan Sayer on 01/06/2011 04:59 PM:

sip:sayer at iptel.org