[Spce-user] How to set the realm?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Jul 6 08:44:24 EDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On 07/06/2011 09:25 AM, Michael Schoepfer wrote:
> we are planing to migrate existing users from asterisk machines to
> sipwise. On the asterisk machine we used a realm for password
> encryption. Where can i set the realm on the sipwise machine?

Since the SPCE supports multi-domain setups per default, it uses the
From-Domain and the To-Domain for invite and register authentication,
respectively.

In some clients, you can also set the realm separated from the
domains/outbound-proxies being used.

If you REALLY need to force a specific realm on the server-side, search
for "challenge" in
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/registrar.cfg.tt2 and
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/proxy.cfg.tt2 and replace
the "$td" and "$fd". I however think this should be the last resort,
since it can most definitely be solved more flexible with a proper
client configuration.

Andreas