[Spce-user] [PARTIALY SOLVED] XMLRPC provisioning with PHP+ Zend Framework

Sébastien Cramatte scramatte at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:50:44 EDT 2011

Hello,

Finally,  I've solved my issue and now I'm able to manage my SPCE through
XMLRPC !
As It's explained (not very clearly) in the doc  ... You MUST specify  http
authentication in your XML-RPC client  URL like :

$client = new Zend_XmlRpc_Client('
https://ngcpsoap:mypassword@sip.mycompany.com:2443/XMLRPC');

But as nothing is perfect ...  I've still have an error !  On success, as
NGCP XMLRPC Interface returns empty output  on lots of functions  I got
an 602 error code : "Invalid Response".  Seems that  Zend_XmlRpc_Client
doesn't like empty response !

If you are interested, see File :  *Zend/XmlRpc/Response*.php [ + or - line
196 ]
if (empty($xml->params)) {
            // Invalid response
            $this->_fault = new Zend_XmlRpc_Fault(652);
            $this->_fault->setEncoding($this->getEncoding());
            return false;
        }

Might be XMLRPC Protocol specify that is not allowed to return empty output
?
¿ Why you don't return  a boolean value or string 'done'  instead of an
empty output ?

It's strange that Zend Framework Guys take care/time to implement this check
if  it's not a normal requirement ...

Thank  you