[Spce-user] Amazon EC2 with working Sipwise, sound poor.

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Jun 30 18:57:45 EDT 2011

On 06/30/2011 07:47 PM, Henrik Aagaard Sørensen wrote:
> I finally got the Amazon EC2 working with the public AMI for Sipwise.
>
> I can call other users, hang up etc. Everything seems to work, BUT the
> sound is very poor. A lot of echoes, noise etc.

Bad audio is almost always related to bad network connection. Make sure
you choose an AWS location as close as possible to your clients.

> Could that be the Amazon EC2 server causing that, the client (Linphone
> on iPhone) or something else? Is it possible to debug?

On your host running Linphone, trace everything going to your EC2 host
using tcpdump, then open it in Wireshark and check Telephony->RTP->Show
All Streams to check the amount of packet loss etc.

Andreas