[Spce-user] sip:providerCE interconnection with gsm billing system

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Mar 2 07:44:21 EST 2011

Hi Mathieu,

On 03/02/2011 09:56 AM, Mathieu Ploton wrote:
> I am very interested in sip:providerCE and would like to know if it is
> possible to interconnect it to a gsm online charging system - OCS
> (that supports Diameter).
> That will bring us the possibility to offer prepaid services without
> setting up any additional billing system.

Sounds interesting! If you're prepared for a bit of tinkering, it's most
likely doable.

There've been quite some contributions to Kamailio towards integrating
IMS extensions (and diameter is one of that) in the last few months,
check these docs:
http://www.kamailio.org/w/2011/01/ims-extensions-available-for-testing/

So you'd need to install the CE, replace the kamailio packages with the
IMS-ready ones (especially the new CDP/CDP-AVP modules would be
interesting for you), and adapt the kamailio configuration as needed.

If you'd like Sipwise to help you on a consultancy basis, please
consider http://www.sipwise.com/services/consultancy/hourly/

Andreas