[Spce-user] Not relay t38

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 24 14:41:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 03/22/2011 02:52 PM, Sergey Babichev wrote:
> Sipwise can relay t38? I send fax to pstn via Cisco AS, but fax machines can't connect. I use g711 passthrough and fax send good.
> My devices: Linksys SPA 8000 - SIPWISE - Cisco AS - PSTN.
>
> How I can send fax via t38?

There is no known issue for relaying T.38, which is transparently passed
through like every other media stream. However, couple of end points and
fax machines have issues with T.38, but they are mostly related to the
end-points themselves rather than the SIP/RTP server in the middle.

You can check with tcpdump on the CE server if T.38 packets are relayed
back and forth (eg. "tcpdump -i any -s 0 -w /path/to/trace.pcap udp").

Andreas