[Spce-user] SIP SIMPLE into Sipwise

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 06:43:16 EDT 2011

Hello,

since Mathieu is asking about SIP SIMPLE presence&im and SPCE is running
Kamailio at the core, then that is very easy to add by updating kamailio
config file. You just need to install the presence modules and then
configure them.

Instant messaging is very easy to do, be sure you route MESSAGE requests
based on location records and that's it, no special module required. If
you look to bill IM&Presence, then you may need more work.

For a better SIP SIMPLE support is recommended to upgrade the Kamailio
to latest version of 3.1 stable -- I plan to release such tutorial in a
matter of days. Then you can just plug config related to presence from
this tutorial:
http://asipto.com/u/sp

If you try to upgrade and plug SIMPLE presence modules but you get
stuck, feel free to address here specific questions, detailing what you
have done and what is not working. We will be glad to assist.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 3/11/11 9:36 AM, John Hyde wrote:
> sounds like an odd feature for a sip billing/routing gateway designed
> with efficiency in mind.
>
> you could add openfire - guides/packages are on their site, but this
> kind of feature could be found on several other bloated asterisk *pbx*
> distros (notice i didnt say sip routing gateway;). If you read their
> forums you will notice that these chat apps can get crazy on CPU/RAM
> out of nowhere - may be better to dedicate a server to chat if you
> really need it for a large user base.
>
> --
> - j
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Mathieu Ploton <mploton at gmail.com
> <mailto:mploton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     Is it easy to add presence and IM features to the sip:providerCE ? Is
>     there a tutorial somewhere to achieve this ?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Mathieu

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com