[Spce-user] Bug-Report [Rate-o-Mat and v2.2-rc1]: Dialing #21# will break rate-o-mat

Daniel Tiefnig dtiefnig at sipwise.com
Tue May 17 08:47:50 EDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 05:27 PM, Carsten Bock wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Carsten,

> i just found the following bug:

thanks for reporting.

> When i dial "#21#" (aka. %2321%21), it will create the according CDR
> in accounting.cdr:
[...]
> destination_user_in: %2321%23
[...]
> With this record in the database, rate-o-mat will simply stop and no
> longer start with the following error:

The rate-o-mat currently relies on having a fee for every destination it
finds in the CDRs. This includes PSTN numbers, SIP URIs and VSCs as
well. To solve the problem one could add a billing fee entry for "^#21",
or "^#". This may not be very straight for the unaware, but it offers
the possibility to also charge VSC actions.

Note the "^" in the destination specification, as rate-o-mat reads
destinations as regular expressions and non-numeric destinations are not
automatically converted. So entering just "#21" as the destination would
also match on "493012345678#210", which could cause wrong rating. (Maybe
we should change the destination handling in the webinterface, or at
least make it more clear in the description.)

Currently rate-o-mat stops on errors, as rating should never fail during
normal operation. More sophisticated error handling and the possibility
to re-rate CDRs are on the roadmap.

Think we need some more documentation on the rating part in general.

> I hope, this is the right channel for bug-reports.

Yes, it is.

br,
daniel