[Spce-user] force_outbound_proxy in ngcp.sbcprofile.conf

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu May 19 07:47:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 05/19/2011 01:42 PM, Stefan Sayer wrote:
>> We use outbound_proxy, but not force_outbound_proxy, so this shouldn't
>> break 3261, as far as I understood it.
> ok. in my 2.2-rc1 installation, in ngcp.sbcprofile.conf, i still have
> force_outbound_proxy=yes

Ah, ok. This has changed since then. Wanted to provide an update to rc1
anyways tomorrow - there it'll be fixed, beside other small issues.

>> Guess it would be possible with next_hop/port also by using my own
>> headers (?), but it'd still need to extract that from the Path URI in
>> the proxy, which I don't when I use outbound_proxy.
> what you put in P-D-Uri, you could also split up in host and port and
> put it in next_hop, like in
>       next_hop_ip=$Hh(P-D-Uri)
>       next_hop_port=$Hp(P-D-Uri)
> (example straight from Readme.sbc.txt :)

Good to know :)

I'm still not seeing the direct advantage over outbound-proxy (with
force set to "no"), but if we encounter any issues with it, we'll have a
plan B :)

Andreas