[Spce-user] howto: compiling itp_MEDIAPROXY module on slicehost

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Thu May 19 07:52:50 EDT 2011

o Andreas Granig on 05/19/2011 01:26 PM:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 05/19/2011 12:32 PM, Stefan Sayer wrote:
>>> Regarding the userspace rtpproxy, it should work out-of-the-box for
>>> normal call scenarios, but it will break audio for voicebox and VCS
>>> announcements and conference calls, because there the rtpproxy needs to
>>> bridge between localhost and the outside, which is quite a pain to
>>> configure in the kamailio config.
>
>> that's a pity, because seems like the ipt-rtpproxy locks up the slice
>> 90% - I can't see it on htop, but it is not at all responsive anymore in
>> a call, and the audio is delayed very much. any ideas?
>
> Interesting. Is there a special kernel in place at slicehost? Is it the
it's the rackspace 2.6.35.4-rscloud kernel (apparently same as
rackspace); I haven't tried the other kernels, or looked at the
patches they apply, though.

> mediaproxy-ng userspace daemon which is eating up the resources, or is
> it the kernel module? What's the output of "cat /proc/mediaproxy/0/list"
its weird, I don't see the cpu consumed in htop. possibly its just the
network traffic that is slowed through something (locking?) in the ipt
module?

if I stop the ngcp-mediaproxy-ng-daemon, everything runs fine.

> and "cat /proc/mediaproxy/0/status" when it's locked up like that?
I run this:

# while true; do cat /proc/mediaproxy/0/list ; cat
/proc/mediaproxy/0/status ; sleep .5 ; done

but it locks up completely during the call, after the call has
finished, it comes back doing the normal (idle? )output, which looks like
Targets:     0
Buckets:     0
Refcount:    1
Control PID: 22332
Targets:     0
Buckets:     0
Refcount:    3
Control PID: 22332
Targets:     0
Buckets:     0
Refcount:    2
Control PID: 22332
Targets:     0
Buckets:     0
Refcount:    3

Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services Consulting and Development

Warschauer Str. 24
10243 Berlin

tel:+491621366449
sip:sayer at iptel.org