[Spce-user] howto: compiling itp_MEDIAPROXY module on slicehost

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Thu May 19 07:55:53 EDT 2011

o Andreas Granig on 05/19/2011 01:34 PM:
>>> that's a pity, because seems like the ipt-rtpproxy locks up the slice
>>> 90% - I can't see it on htop, but it is not at all responsive anymore in
>>> a call, and the audio is delayed very much. any ideas?
>>
>> Interesting. Is there a special kernel in place at slicehost? Is it the
>> mediaproxy-ng userspace daemon which is eating up the resources, or is
>> it the kernel module? What's the output of "cat /proc/mediaproxy/0/list"
>> and "cat /proc/mediaproxy/0/status" when it's locked up like that?
>
> Or do you actually mean the ipt-rtpproxy coming with kamailio/sr-router?
no, i'm using the out-of-the-box one (just only that i had to compile
the module after installation, as the kernel headers were not present
initially).

> Why would you use that, if mediaproxy-ng is shipped out-of-the-box?
> Doesn't it work for you?
>
> Confused,
sorry. what's the proper term for your mediaproxy-ng? btw, is that
your development or what is it based on?

stefan