[Spce-user] SIP Session Timer

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Fri May 20 07:49:42 EDT 2011

Hi Joern,

>From RFC4028, Section 7.3:

   If the response to a session refresh request is a 422 (Session
   Interval Too Small) response message, then the UAC MAY retry the
   request.
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4028#section-7.3)

So according to the RFC, the behaviour is correct and it depends to
the implementor, if he wants to accept the higher Session-Expires.

Maybe you could try to add the following option to the SEMS-Config
(/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/sems/etc/ngcp.sbcprofile.conf.tt2):
maximum_timer=3600

If the maximum_timer is set, it should work as you want it.

Have a nice weekend,
Carsten

2011/5/20 joern <joern at tel2ip.net>:
> Hi all,
>
> I just play around with ngcp and have a question regarding the session
> timer.
>
> First I found the timer values in
> /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/sems/etc/ngcp.sbcprofile.conf.tt2
> enable_session_timer=yes
> session_expires=300
> minimum_timer=90
>
> BtW: I guess these values are close to the lowest possible values, but
> anyway....
>
> I tried to place a call to my Class4 environment and got back a "422 Session
> Interval Too Small"
>
> -> INVITE sip:1234 at myclass4, Min-SE=90
> <- 422 Session Interval Too Small, Min-SE=1800
> -> ACK
> <- 422 Session Interval Too Small, Min-SE=1800
>
> -> INVITE sip:1234 at myclass4, Min-SE=90
> <- 422 Session Interval Too Small, Min-SE=1800
> -> ACK
> <- 422 Session Interval Too Small, Min-SE=1800
>
> Shouldn't the SIP Proxy react on the 422 message and change the Min-SE to
> the value of the response?
>
> Yes I know there are several possible workarounds to solve that issue:
> - disable session timer
> - raise/lower the value
>

> Cheers
>  Joern