[Spce-user] Issue configuring Rewrite rules for peering

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon May 23 15:34:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 05/23/2011 08:23 PM, Sébastien Cramatte wrote:
> I've added the IP as new domain but unfortunately this workaround
> doesn't on my SPCE 2.2 ...
>
> I've setup 2 domains :
> 1-  sip.mydomain.com <http://sip.mydomain.com>
> 2 - xx.xx.xx.xx
>
> All my subscribers have been created in sip.mydomain.com
> <http://sip.mydomain.com>
> I've got an error :  Proxy authentication failed, invalid user
>
> If I create a new subscriber in domain with IP xx.xx.xx.xx  it works  !

Please send the corresponding log lines from kamailio-proxy.log.

What's important is three things:

1. The IP being set into the R-URI domain needs to be provisioned on the
SPCE. Your subscriber does NOT need to be located in this "domain".

2. You need to have a log line containing "Call from PSTN". If not, your
peer will be prompted for authentication. Make sure you have the peer
correctly configured in terms of IP and port in your peering configuration.

3. Your destination number needs to be correctly rewritten in a "Inbound
Rewrite Rules for Callee" to E.164 number in order to correctly map it
to the corresponding SIP user.

I've just tested this again with v2.2, and it works like charm. We'll
release the final v2.2 within the next few hours. There have been a
couple of changes regarding SIP peering. Try to upgrade tomorrow and
check if the 3 requirements above are met. If not, send the log lines so
we can help you further.

Andreas