[Spce-user] Mediator crashes

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue Oct 11 14:21:08 EDT 2011

Hello,

On 10/11/2011 07:52 PM, Klaus Peter v. Friedeburg wrote:
> Hellosipwise team,
>
> the mediator crashes every time, if he found some undefined Data, f.e.
> if they are some missingentrys in the billing profile.

This is not a crash, it's a shut-down on purpose. And it should never
happen to have undefined data (e.g. missing billing profiles). If so,
you're doing something wrong in the provisioning work-flow.

> But now our mediator crashes with this message:
>
> Error inserting cdrs: Out of range value for column 'duration' at row1292

This particular case is fixed in trunk to not bail out, but set the
duration to 0 (included in next release due in ~4 weeks). The problem is
that you have a case where the stop time is older than the start time,
causing a negative duration, which is not valid.

> Wat can we do?
>
> Ithink it is not a good idea to shutdown the mediator if an error occurs.

If you've millions of CDRs to generate per month, it's easy for
malicious calls to slip through, resulting in large amounts of CDRs not
being able to rate/bill. Because of that, it's better to shut down
mediator and let the administrator fix the issue.

In the CE, you've to take care of that by yourself. In the PRO, an alarm
is raised if this happens.

Andreas