[Spce-user] Softphone

roman dmytriv roman at dmytriv.com
Mon Oct 24 08:53:16 EDT 2011

Can some one point me on the right direction to kamailio config
template and steps need to enable IM

thank you

Roman

MESSAGE-----

roman dmytriv wrote:

>> I would like to find out what soft phone are
supported by CE and mobile soft phone if any. If so, will system support
IM feature.

> The correct answer is that any RFC3261 compliant
softphone is supported
> in our platform. Internally we use a variety of
softphones like twinkle,
> blink, jitsi etc, we also have positive
experience with counterpath
> products.
>
> I've tried CSipSimple, but
settled on sipdroid, because there is an
> outstanding issue with
outbound-proxy handling in CSipSimple, more about
> it here:

http://groups.google.com/group/csipsimple-dev/browse_thread/thread/155947782c3a2635?pli=1
[1]

> We haven't plans to add IM in foreseeable future, however this
is an
> easy job if you can customize your kamailio config template.
>

> Andrew

Links:
------
[1]