[Spce-user] Touching CallerID Again

Jonathan Scott jonathan at xpressamerica.net
Thu Sep 1 13:56:32 EDT 2011

I've tried a few different things to change the way callerid is
presented with ngcp, but just not getting very far.
The callername we've discussed and fixed so far.
I'm interested to know how everyone else is being presented calling
number in the CLI. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this is
also a misconfiguration of my peer as well.

ATA boxes strip the realm and pass the calling line information to the
analog phone set properly, so we see: Test Name <TestNumber>, not
TestName <TestNumber at Realm.Tld>
This allows us to call back based on our caller ID list, or use dial
back feature of last caller.
SoftPhones and IPPhones are displaying the Realm.Tld in the calling
number. It's always 207391XXXX at 71.241.208.10, which is our Sip to PSTN
Media Gateway, our one and only peer on NGCP. This becomes a problem
because you can not dial based on your received calls, 71.241.208.10 is
not a domain that ngcp serves, so it won't route the call. Domain or
peer rewrite rules will not hit, because it's not a domain we serve.
Incoming peer rules won't hit, because rules seem to only effect the
user end of the CLI, not the realm so we can't strip this. When it's a
call from a user within the same domain, the callerid number is
presented as expected, simply just Username, no realm.

Is there a method to alias the peer domain? More importantly, is this an
issue with anyone else?

--
Jonathan Scott Knox
Systems Administrator