[Spce-user] Conferences

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Sep 6 07:59:11 EDT 2011

El Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:30:26 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> Very cool. I didn't see that option before.
>
>  Is there a way to ask the user to announce their name prior to joining
> the conference?

Hi Skyler

Not that I know. We use sems' conference module for this functionality. It
allows to create quick conference rooms and delete them on the fly but it
doesn't have as many options as other solutions (like meetme, confbridge,
appkonference...)

If you're really interested in adding more features to the conference option,
you could always send the call to asterisk instead of sems and write a dialplan
that calls meetme

As this feature is not used very often, we made it simple

cheers,

Jon