[Spce-user] Local Calls Normalization

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Tue Apr 3 11:48:10 EDT 2012

Hello,

On 04/03/2012 03:33 PM, William Ikiabo wrote:
> What I want to achieve is this, instead of dialing 234490XXX to reach a
> local number withing my platform I want to dial just 089490XXX to reach
> the number.

Perhaps your example is not very clear. If your E.164 number is
+234490XXX, then you would need to dial 0490XXX assuming that the area
code is 490, or just XXX for areacode-internal calls.
In that case Areacode-internal calls should work just fine with the
rewrite rule as  you showed us (as Inbound rewrite rule for callee).

It would probably help if you tell us what exactly you are dialing and
what are you expecting the platform to do :)
Also does the problem exist only when dialing local users of your
platform or other phone numbers inside this area too?

Regards.
Andrew