[Spce-user] Presence support on SPCE?

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Apr 12 10:26:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 04/12/2012 03:15 PM, Andrew Pogrebennyk wrote:
> You are right, spce doesn't provide presence support out of the box.
> It shouldn't be that big task to implement it on your own, you'll need
> to start 3rd instance of kamailio dedicated to presence on your CE box
> bound to 127.0.0.1, then make load-balancer route inbound SUBSCRIBE,
> PUBLISH and NOTIFY to it.

I'd rather propose to handle presence in the existing proxy instance,
that is, loading the relevant modules in a custom
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/kamailio.cfg.customtt.tt2,
and handle the presence messages in a new
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/presence.cfg.customtt.tt2.

With that approach, you don't have to start another kamailio instance,
and it's aligned with the approach how we already separate registration
handling with normal call handling.

Just my 2 cents,
Andreas