[Spce-user] Upgrade CE v2.5

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 11 10:14:36 EDT 2012

* Gene Willingham [Wed Apr 11, 2012 at 08:23:10AM -0400]:

> I attempted the upgrade.  Everything looked fine until it attempted to
> connect to the DB.

> Couldn't connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> (using password: NO)

> It appears the script did not attempt to use the password, and was unable to
> connect.

Can you please try running the upgrade procedure via:

  BACKUP=~/upgrade-backup bash -x /usr/share/ngcp-upgrade-2.5/upgrade-2.4-to-2.5 2>&1 | tee -a ~/upgrade.log

and mail us the resulting ~/upgrade.log?

(It's fine to mail it directly to me to avoid getting into the
mailing list moderation due to the logfile size or if you care about
possibly sensitive data you don't want to share on the mailing
list.)

regards,
-mika-