[Spce-user] Presence support on SPCE?

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Thu Apr 12 09:15:35 EDT 2012

Raul,
You are right, spce doesn't provide presence support out of the box.
It shouldn't be that big task to implement it on your own, you'll need
to start 3rd instance of kamailio dedicated to presence on your CE box
bound to 127.0.0.1, then make load-balancer route inbound SUBSCRIBE,
PUBLISH and NOTIFY to it.
For outbound NOTIFY the presence server would then need to have
read-only replica of location table (and a few other tables for digest
authentication) and lookup the NOTIFY targets in location. Docs and
tutorials on the kamailio website should give you a nice idea what an
architecture should look like.