[Spce-user] actual device that initiated BYE?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Aug 15 07:16:11 EDT 2012

El Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:43:23 +0200
Stefan Sayer <stefan.sayer at gmail.com> escribió:

> session refreshes (re-Invite, Update) are always better done
> end-to-end, as
> opposed to from the B2B in the middle, which is awkward anyway (e.g.,
> while a refresh is
> in-flight, any Invite request from the end will be refused). Therefore
> SEMS tries
> to get out of the refresher role if possible.
>

> but I am sceptical that asterisk adds the correct refresher=uac to the
> response.

You have several scenarios in the issue I opened in asterisk bugtracker. It's
not about who negotiates to be refresher, Asterisk won't honour that in any
case. All the scenarios I tried are broken in different ways.

Neeed to retest some day and check what oej says in the ticket, but I'm pretty
sure it wouldn't solve anything as asterisk session timers are known to be
broken since 1.6.