[Spce-user] actual device that initiated BYE?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Aug 15 08:39:12 EDT 2012

El Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:45:28 +0200
Stefan Sayer <stefan.sayer at googlemail.com> escribió:

> What could be useful in such situations where we have to deal with
> such other implementations, though, could be a third mode where
> refreshes are just done always by the B2B, and no SST is negotiated.

From my point of view Asterisk is here the problem. I had no issues with sems
and other endpoints. And in the scenarios I tested is clear that Asterisk is
the one breaking (not honouring) the sst negotiation.

I don't think any other mode, like not negotiating the sst is needed (at least
for ngcp) as in 2.6 onwards the sst can be enabled/disabled per subscriber and
we can disable sst for asterisk clients.

Also, a rtptimeout detection will be added to mediaproxy which will allow to
tear down calls even without session timers.