[Spce-user] Duration and rating of calls in CDR

Gavin Sweet gavin.sweet at skyracktelecom.com
Tue Dec 11 06:35:43 EST 2012

Hi -

I have some issues with carrier reconciliation (from our PSTN carrier) which
mean I need to be really clear on the accuracy of CDR's from our end from
Sipwise.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of exactly how call duration and
timestamps are written into the accounting DB before it's calculated for
CDRs?

I assume its from 200/OK timestamp to BYE timestamp? Under these scenarios
everything seems ok and what we see with ngrep-sip or Homer matches what we
see in the db and CDR. But, occasionally we get anomalies in the observed
timestamps and whats in the DB/CDRs - to be fair, this might be an issue
with captagent/Homer, so I wil post to that group also.

Also, is there a setting somewhere for the minimum rateable call duration?
I've noticed that calls under about 5 seconds are always zero-rated,
irrespective of any billing profile.

Thanks,
Gavin