[Spce-user] External ID must be unique ?

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 19:26:23 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <
rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:

> Hi all, testing the rating/billing features of SPCE, as it doesn't
> fullfill our need, we whant to use the externa_id for getting the cdr
> records and proccess them on our billing platform, but we have found
> that if you have a external ID asigned to one subscriber, you could
> not use it the same id for other subscribers .... why?.
>
> Let imagine the situation where we have one account with 3
> subscribers, and we whant 2 of them to have one external_id and the
> third other external_id, that could not be done, all of them must have
> different external_id.
> Why this limitation?

 I came across the same hurdle. Its not really a limitation in the SPCE
because usually when an account is created there is only 1 billing profile
attached to the account, then all subscribers in that account will have the
correct external_id attached automatically in CDR for billing. It is a good
design this way.

 What I did was, if a 3rd or basically any other subscriber for the same
account needs to have a different external_id. Then I added a "-2" to the
external_id of that specific 3rd subscriber. Example: Let's say account #
62 has external_id of 153245, by design, all subscriber in account #62 will
have external_id of 153245 in CDR/billing. If I need to make a 'special'
external_id for the subscriber I add the subscriber with 153245-2, -3,-4
etc. and this -2,-3,-4 would match the 'special user' on an external
spreadsheet (in my case its special users in different offices but can be
any external system).

 Alternatively, if the subscriber (3rd/4th) needs different rates, I create
a new account for the same office (could be customer) with external_id
of 153245-2 for example and add those 'special' subscribers to this account
which has different billing_profile / rates.

 Maybe this works for you too...maybe not :)

Skyler