[Spce-user] Adding the language to the system

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Jul 9 07:33:41 EDT 2012

El Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:48:05 +0200
Vladimir Grujic <hyperbabac at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I wan't to add another language into spce. Can anyone point me to the
> things that needs to be done for that task ?
>
> Vladimir

Hi Vladimir

There's set of strings present in the database that needs to be translated.
Check table "language_strings" in database "provisioning" Best way is to dump
the English strings to a csv file, translate them and upload.

Second, there's a .po file that needs to be created for the CSC interface.

/usr/share/ngcp-www-csc/lib/csc/I18N/en.po

And third and more difficult, we use a subset of Asterisk prompts for both the
voicemail server and the application server (sems and asterisk). Although there
are sets in almost every language, for including them in the Ce we need them
with a free distributable license like CC.

We have clients that have recorded their own records or have purchased non
distributable sound sets. If you could provide us with the text translations
and a freely distributable asterisk sounds set, we would add that lang to the
spce.

This is how it works now. We have plans anyway, to purchase our own sound sets
in several languages to be able to add more langs to the CE in the future.