[Spce-user] Single number reach

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Jul 9 17:01:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 07/09/2012 10:43 PM, John Murray wrote:
> I could have multiple SIP endpoints registered (or as permanent contacts) to
> the same subscriber and they would ring in parallel and whichever answered
> first would get the call right?

Parallel ringing to multiple contacts of one subscriber works, but not
to multiple unrelated subscribers and/or "external" numbers.

Well, if you know what you're doing, you could make that work too, e.g.
for your PSTN or mobile numbers, by setting permanent locations with the
host part pointing to your PSTN gateway as John pointed out, however the
billing records will contain the local subscriber instead of the
mobile/pstn number as a destination. You also won't have any advanced
peering group/server support (no rewrite rules, fail-over, peer host
selection, peer preferences).

The more advanced version would be to let the host part of the permanent
contact point to the proxy again, so you could overcome some of the
limitations mentioned above, but don't ask me how your authentication,
billing etc. would look like in that case. Possibly quite some side
effects, but yeah, could be doable if you're careful adapting the proxy
config.

Andreas