[Spce-user] Broken packages

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Thu Jun 7 07:24:15 EDT 2012

* Skyler [Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 03:44:17AM -0700]:

> Turns out the minimal debian template had exim4 installed too, which I
> didn't think about as SPCE uses this ...

Which "minimal debian template" are you talking about?

> BUT it contains libmysqlclient16.

You mean your "debian template" system?

> Below are the details of dependency errors leading to the eventual
> removal of libmysqlclient16 and install of percona-server-common.
> After that I ran the installer.deb again and all was normal.
> Finally got SPCE installed now.

>  I thought the libmysqlclient16 issue with percona was resolved but I guess
> its still on the list.

The libmysqlclient16 issue is resolved through our repositories.

[...]
>  ngcp-ngcp-ce : Depends: ngcp-services-ce but it is not going to be
> installed
[...]
> root at vsu1:/home/skyler# apt-get install percona-server-common
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libmailutils2 libmysqlclient16 mailutils mysql-common

So you already have libmysqlclient16 on your system before running
our installer. This isn't supposed to be the case for fresh minimal
Debian installations. Anyway, let's try to get this resolved.

>   percona-server-common
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 4 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> Need to get 8990 B of archives.
> After this operation, 8638 kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>   percona-server-common

This sounds strange.

[...]
> Installing package list. This might take several minutes depending on your
> network connection...Error while installing ngcp-ngcp-ce
> Reading state information...

This doesn't sound good neither.

Please provide output of:

  apt-cache policy