[Spce-user] Billing confusion

Isaac McDonald voiplists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:10:42 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the billing engine and have a few questions.

According to the manual "The billing profiles may define a base fee
and free time or free money per billing interval. Unused free time or
money automatically expires at the end of the billing interval." I
understand this to mean that the billing system is based on a prepaid
model?

As a test I setup an account (with zero balance) and placed some test
calls. The CDR for the subscriber shows the proper cost of the call as
expected. However, the account still shows balance of zero rather than
showing a balance due for the cost of the call.

Is it possible to have the account show a negative balance so I can
use the system in a post-paid model? Am I going about this the wrong
way?

Why did the system allow me to place a call if there is no money on the account?

How do I change the currency symbol on the account page to a $ instead
of the Euro symbol?

Any insight that may help me better understand the billing would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Isaac