[Spce-user] sipwise as transit switch

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Jun 13 07:23:27 EDT 2012

El Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:42:43 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> HI, I am having this same issue....
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Jon Bonilla <jbonilla at sipwise.com> wrote:
>
> > El Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:57:28 +0200
> > Andrew Pogrebennyk <apogrebennyk at sipwise.com> escribió:
> >
> > > Hello William,
> > > If I understood you correctly you need to enable peer relay (search for
> > > option allow_peer_relay in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml, or enable
> > > force_outbound_calls_to_peer preference for the inbound peering). If
> > > that doesn't work I'd like to see kamailio-proxy.log.
> > >

> > "allow_peer_relay" is a PRO only config setting. The peer/domain setting
> > "force_outbound_calls_to_peer" + the peering rules (matching based on from
> > domain) should do the job here.
> >

>  I have set  "force_outbound_calls_to_peer" on the peer which calls are
> coming from into spce, but what does "+ the peering rules (matching based
> on from domain) should do the job here" mean exactly?
>

> Thanks,
> Skyler

Let's asume this scenario:

PeerA ---- SPCE ---- PeerB

By default, the SIp:Provider will receive a call from PeerX and lookup if
there's a local subscriber matching the requested number. If not, it will send
a 404 back.

"force_outbound_calls_to_peer" setting will make that any call originated in
that peer, domain or subscriber to be sent to PSTN (based on LCR rules) even if
the user is local. In this scenario, where there are no local users should do
the same.

So we need calls coming from peerA to be sent to peerB and viceversa. In this
case, we would need to:

* Enable that preference on both peers. That will make calls to be sent to a
  peer instead of returning 404 back.

* We send the calls to peers, but we need to control to which peer we send the
  calls so we need to create two peering groups PeerA and PeerB.

* Now, we need to control the call destinations based on peering rules. We can
  do it setting prefixxes if we have number blocks in PeerB for example or we
  can set the rules based on the caller instead of the callee. If Calls from
  PeerA have a From like "1234 at domainA.com" and calls from peerb have a From
  like "1234 at domainB.com" we can set peering rules like this in each peer group:

Peer Group PeerA:
Callee Prefix: Blank
Caller Pattern: ^.+ at domainB\.com$

Peer Group PeerB: