[Spce-user] sip:wise installation behind proxy

Αθανάσιος Οικονόμου athoik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:20:29 EDT 2012

Dear all,

Making a fresh installation behind http proxy (eg squid) the sip:wise fails
with the following error:

Error: Check your internet access. This script cannot access Sipwise's
debian repository.

Although the wget (via wget.rc) and apt configured to use proxy.

The problem resides in the function check_env.

#Check if we have internet access, at least to our repos
if (ping -c 3 deb.sipwise.com >> $LOGFILE 2>&1) || (printf "GET /spce/
HTTP\n\r\n\r" | netcat -w 3 deb.sipwise.com 80 >> $LOGFILE 2>&1); then
        echo $MSG004
else
        echo $MSG005 >&2
        exit 1
fi

None of the ping and netcat are configured to use proxy. Wget does.

Changing the above to include also wget and the error goes away.

#Check if we have internet access, at least to our repos
if (ping -c 3 deb.sipwise.com >> $LOGFILE 2>&1) || (printf "GET /spce/
HTTP\n\r\n\r" | netcat -w 3 deb.sipwise.com 80 >> $LOGFILE 2>&1) || (wget
-c http://deb.sipwise.com/spce/ -O /dev/null  >> $LOGFILE 2>&1); then
        echo $MSG004
else
        echo $MSG005 >&2