[Spce-user] Billing by protocol.

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Jun 15 12:39:09 EDT 2012

Hello,

On 06/15/2012 06:29 PM, Listas Correos wrote:
> Hi, is there any way to billing by codec or protocol? ie. Voice call ,video call, etc etc

In accounting.cdr there is a column "call_type", which defines normal
calls and call-forwards, however there is no support for further
specifying the transported media types, and there are no plans yet to
implement that.

You'd need to look deeper into
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/kamailio/proxy/proxy.cfg.tt2 and try to
figure out in the 2xx of an INVITE which SDP media streams are
negotiated. However, just because a video stream is negotiated in SIP
doesn't mean it's really used, so you'd need support from the mediaproxy
to pass back some statistics on the different streams when ending the
call, which is also not implemented (but this is on our roadmap for
other reasons, namely to provide QoS statistics).

All in all, there is no reliable way to do that, unless anybody else on
the list can come up with a reliable way to determine the involved media
streams?

Andreas