[Spce-user] Create subscriber - The specified telephone number is not available any more.

Daniel Tiefnig dtiefnig at sipwise.com
Sun Jun 17 07:32:33 EDT 2012

On 06/16/2012 08:30 PM, Skyler wrote:
> Nothing fancy happening yet, just using the ngcp admin interface on
> a clean install (2.5). A few queries via SOAP but only read requests
> thus far.

That's interesting. As to my analysis so far, this is theoretically
impossible to happen. :/

> I just noticed that in the admin interface, when clicking the 'X' to
> delete a user under an account; actually its a 'terminate' not really
> a delete. Maybe I have to use SOAP to delete the user first before
> re-creating?

Right, the admin interface only allows termination of subscribers. If
you absolutely want to delete everything from the database, you'd have
to delete the whole account. (The account view allows to terminate or
delete an account.) But deleting an account is also not recommended to
happen any time in an operational workflow.

The important thing here is, that "terminate" should remove everything
from the database except some basic data which is required for the call
rating and CDR export job to continue. Imagine a subscriber which is
terminated/deleted during an ongoing call. When the call ends, it will
be possible to create and rate the CDR when the subscriber has been
terminated, but not if it has been deleted.

> Under the same domain, I thought this should be easy to change the
> account_id for the subscriber from 4 to 6 but there was no obvious
> way to do that in ngcp-www-admin without manually editing the
> database.

Hmm, we have to look into that more deeply, but I think this should be
doable. Up to now, it is prohibited by intention to move a subscriber
from one account to another, because it interferes with our scaling
approach in the sip:carrier, but lifting that limitation is on the
roadmap for 2.6 anyway.

> 1. How can I now 'un-terminate' the subscriber so as to revert this
> user back to working again?

There's no possibility to restore a terminated subscriber. To be able to
create another subscriber with the same parameters, you just need to
update the voip_numbers table:

mysql> UPDATE billing.voip_numbers
          SET subscriber_id = NULL
        WHERE subscriber_id = 2;

Make sure that subsriber_id '2' is correct. :)

In general terminating and then creating a subscriber with the same
parameters should work without any problems.

> 2. How should I go about changing the subscribers account_id from #4
> to #6 without losing the subscriber voicemail and/or preference
> settings?

Unfortunately that's not easily possible yet. The preferences are
transferable by retrieving them via SOAP / XML-RPC and restoring them
for the new subscriber. Vocemails are not transferable without direct
database access yet, but this may appear in 2.6 too.

If you're interested to implement a simple transfer script yourself, on
the CE it should be sufficient to update the following columns in the
database to the new account ID:

billing.voip_subscribers.contract_id
provisioning.voip_subscribers.account_id

br,
daniel