[Spce-user] Refer method of transfer on cisco SPA phones

John Murray john.murray at skyracktelecom.com
Mon Jun 18 14:11:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

To bring this thread to the list:

>> Does SPCE have the ability to do transfer today? I tried with a cisco

>> phone that uses REFER and get 403 Request not supported here. Is there

>> any way to enable this?

> REFER method is not allowed in the system. It's about billing. If you
REINVITE to transfer a call, you pay for that call. With a

> REFER, the provider is the one who transfers and the referer does not pay
for that. In these deployments is considered a security

> risk and disabled by default. I'll give you anexample:

> I have a service provider with a pstn gateway which support refer. I call
a local destination A and when I get the call I send a

> REFER to an expensive international destination. The gateway calls that
destination and first destination A will call with the

> second destination for free. Many service providers had a whole there with
that method.

How can I insist on using REINVITE and not REFER? I've looked at the cisco
docs and can't find a way to disable this in config.  Surely when the INVITE
comes from the SPCE to the cisco handset (a SPA502 7.4.9c) without REFER in
the Allow: header it shouldn't use it?

This is the Allow header from the SPCE to the handset:

Allow: INVITE,BYE,ACK,OPTIONS,CANCEL,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY,INFO,PRACK,UPDATE'

Supported: 100rel,timer'

Regards

John