[Spce-user] Broken packages

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Thu Jun 7 18:48:38 EDT 2012

* Skyler [Thu Jun 07, 2012 at 11:00:16AM -0700]:

>  The minimal template I am referring to is the VM template/OVP I am using
> (not sipwise's). Yes, my 'debian VM template" is a debian squeeze minimal
> with exim4, which apparently has  libmysqlclient16 as one of its
> dependencies.

Ok.

> If you say that the  libmysqlclient16  issue is no longer an
> issue, then I'm confused as to why this has been happening at all. Below is
> the output you requested.

The problem with libmysqlclient16 was related to versioning, which
we solved through our own repositories. That it doesn't work for
your specific setup is something we'll further investigate.

> root at vsu1:~# apt-cache policy

That looks ok.

> Pinned packages:
> root at vsu1:~# apt-cache policy libmysqlclient16
> libmysqlclient16:
>   Installed: 5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze
>   Candidate: 5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze
>   Version table:
>      5.1.61-0+squeeze1 0
>         500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages
>  *** 5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze 0
>         990 http://deb.sipwise.com/percona/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      5.1.49-3 0
>         500 http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

Fine too.

> root at vsu1:~# apt-key list
[...]

This is fine as well, but this is what I expected after
ngcp-installer running through.

Could you please provide us the output of the same commands for your
template system *before* installing + running ngcp-installer as well
so we can reproduce it?

Please also append output of:

  apt-cache rdepends libmysqlclient16
  apt-get --dry-run remove libmysqlclient16

? (The commands won't do any harm nor will modify your system.)

Thanks && regards,
-mika-