[Spce-user] Interoperability problem with audiocodes cpe devices

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Tue Jun 19 06:56:24 EDT 2012

Thilo,
We've found that issue in MP202 a month ago or so. Firmware versions
2.6.4 and 3.0.0 were affected and no fixed firmware exists AFAIK (btw
how does one report a bug to Audiocodes? I think one needs to have an
account with them to report). If you already have a few hundreds of
MP-124D then it's not affected :) Anyway the workaround is to add dummy
interface with some IP different from 127.* to /etc/network/interfaces:

auto dummy0
iface dummy0 inet static
address 192.168.2.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

and setup that IP as iaddress in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml. That
tricks Audiocodes into not rewriting Record-Route any more.
Wiki might be a good idea actually..