[Spce-user] authentication with peerings

Joan Cifre (ibred) jcifre at ib-red.com
Wed Mar 28 12:36:25 EDT 2012

Hello everybody,
one of my SIP providers uses authentication with user/password.
Following the steps provided by the handbook, I'm able to make outgoing
calls (user/pwd/realm). But incoming calls are not working. My provider
tells that, in fact, the server does not appear as registered at the
other side.
The credentials I'm using are (not real credentials used here):
peer_auth_user: 12345
peer_auth_pass: abcde
peer_auth_realm: thedomain.com

And in reg_agent.conf.tt2
domain=thedomain.com
user=12345
pwd=abcde
proxy=sip:[% networking.iaddress %]:[% kamailio.lb.port %]
[% IF networking.aaddress.enable == "yes" %]
contact=sip:[% networking.aaddress.address %]:[% kamailio.lb.port %]
[% ELSE %]
contact=sip:[% networking.eaddress %]:[% kamailio.lb.port %]
[% END %]

I understand with the handbook that this is the way to register with a
peer provider, isn't it?
Thanks,
joan