[Spce-user] sip:provider CE as SBC

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon May 14 10:42:23 EDT 2012

El Sun, 13 May 2012 23:48:04 +0100
"John Murray" <john.murray at skyracktelecom.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>

> In the handbook section 4.3 it discusses:
>

> "Active Peer Registration (the registration of this subscriber at a remote
> peer, done by the system in behalf of the user; this is useful if your
> sip:provider CE is acting as an SBC in front of another soft-switch; this
> scenario will be covered in Section 5)."
>

> I can't see this described anywhere in section 5.
>

> I have another softswitch for some users and would like the sip:provider CE
> to act as SBC for them and register them on my other softswitch.
>

> How can I configure that?
>

> Regards
>

> John

Hi John. You're right, we need to cover that scenario in our documentation. An
article in our blog will cover that soon.

Meanwhile, starting that it's pretty easy. In the subscriber preferences, you
have peer_auth_* preferences. Those ones will make the sip:provider to register
on behalf of the subscriber to the destination softswitch. If you use the admin
panel, you'll find the descriptions of the preferences.

You clients will register on the sp, while the sp registers to the other
system. About controlling the call flows, the sip:peering rules and other
preferences like force_outbound_calls_to_peer will help you.

It's a too general scenario for a complete set of instructions. Please s tart
with that and ask any specific issues you find.

Meanwhile we'll try to cover that lack of documentation as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Jon