[Spce-user] SIP INFO for DTMF

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Nov 6 07:30:04 EST 2012

El Mon, 5 Nov 2012 21:23:11 -0500
Dave Massey <dave at optionsdsl.ca> escribió:

> Im having issues with DTMF from one provider that appears to use SIP INFO for
> DTMF.  Ive been trying to find out the cause, and it seems that below is the
> actual sip conversation that takes place, but ends in Method not allowed here
> error. I thought it would pass thru the SIP INFO to the ATA but from the
> trace below it never gets to the ATA?  This provider does not use RFC2833.
>
> IF I register the ATA directly to the peer, DTMF works via SIP INFO.
> Any thoughts?

Yes. INFO is not an allowed method. The system filters the methods in the
proxy. You should create a custom template (check tha handbook if you are not
familiar with that) of /etc/kamailio/proxy/kamailio.cfg and add "INFO" to the
list of allowed methods.

Check for these lines in the template:

if(is_method("INVITE|ACK|CANCEL|BYE|OPTIONS|PRACK|UPDATE"))
     route(ROUTE_PRX_REQUEST);

And add INFO to the list of methods.