[Spce-user] New and first question

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Nov 13 14:22:38 EST 2012

El Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:15:31 -0500
"Steve Klund" <sklund at coastalhorizons.org> escribió:

> Jon,

Please, answer to the list.

> I kept getting the page for creating subscriber really messed up.  After I
> thought about possibilities, I saw that the default browser in Debian was
> Epiphany. I switched to firefox (iceweasel) and now I see everything.  So the
> problem was not the software, but the browser.

Good to know. Haven't tried Epiphany many years ago. I think our developers
usually work with Firefox (Iceweasel) but it should work in any modern browser
out of the box.

> As far as the question of where am I in the handbook, I'm in section 4.
>
> So to test this behind a router, I am restricted to the local LAN?
>
> I cannot open a port on my router and access from Web?

Yes you can but the calls and the audio won't work as expected. You can use the
advertised address setting in config.yml (aaddress) to announce you public ip
address even if you are behind nat and redirect all posts to the provider. But
in that case it would be better to have the public ip, right?

We do not recommend to put a provider behind nat.