[Spce-user] Multiple ATA registrations

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Thu Nov 22 16:47:25 EST 2012

El Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:43:06 -0500
Dave Massey <dave at optionsdsl.ca> escribió:

> On 2012-11-22, at 9:54 AM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) <jbonilla at sipwise.com> wrote:
>
> > El Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:10:32 -0500
> > Dave Massey <dave at optionsdsl.ca> escribió:
> >
> >> I can confirm that commenting out the line does stop the multiple UA
> >> registrations.  It still doesnt work right  with it commented out but I
> >> guess thats to be expected. Entries are now in kamailio cache that are not
> >> in the database, and old entries (one ata reboot) still remain stuck in
> >> the database.
> >>

> > Well, Are you sure both cache entries and database entries were empty during
> > the restart of the proxy? Becuae I've seen that if they are not, you can
> > have entries in the cache which are not updates in the database.
> >
> > That's why when commenting the option and restarting the proxy (applying the
> > changes should do it) I wanted to be sure that the db entries were clean.
> >
> > We'll check later if the db/cache entries unsynsc if the proxy is started
> > in a clean way.
> >

> > The "multiple registration error" we have here is only ast databse level, as
> > the proxy only keeps one single registration for the ATA.
> >

> Yes I was sure that the database, and the cache were both empty, well,
> kamailio was stopped, I deleted the database, and restarted kamailio again.
> Everything works great, no more multiple registrations at all...until the ATA
> reboots, then all bets are off.   THen the old entry sits there, and a new
> one never gets added to the DB.
>
> But just to not confuse anything, I have an ATA that changes call-id each
> reboot-- which is probably another issue and perhaps this "fix" does nothing
> for that anyways?
>
> The Kamailio cache is always correct.   I attached an image.
>
> The DB image shows one ATA with 2 SIP registrations (ddufresne and test2)
> rebooted, old entries still there, new entries never got added. And one ATA
> that hasn't rebooted (ddufresne).

Yes. I agree that we have several db issues here. I'll try to isolate another
one I've seen when testing this that made the registration entries not to be
written to the db even if they were in the proxy mem.

Same as you, I always see the proxy mem correct and the issues are in the
database.

The good part here is that the system always behaves well. So the error is not
that bad unless you restart the proxy. But I'll try to check with the kamailio
people.

Thanks for the reports guys!