[Spce-user] New and first question

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Nov 13 13:30:55 EST 2012

El Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:12:56 -0500
"Steve Klund" <sklund at coastalhorizons.org> escribió:

> This is my first attempt of installing and configuring SipWise

Welcome!

> I cannot get past the part of creating  an SIP URI.

Creating a subscriber you mean?

> So first off, can I use this behind a router?  I have a static IP but no
> FQDN.  I can get one easy enough, but can I set it up without one and just
> use "user at 1.2.3.4?

The provider should not be behind NAT. Unless you're using it in your internal
network only, it should have a public IP address.

Yes, you can use an IP address as domain. As far as  I know, the example domain
in the Handbook is an IP address too.

> Second, I continue to get error  of "multiple network interfaces found
> (pan0), ignoring eaddress autoconfig.

This won't autoconfigure your eaddress setting in config.yml. You will have to
set it. It's not an error.

> If anyone can assist with these two things, I think I can move forward. And,
> yes, I am reading the manual.  I cannot get the SIP URI created (unless I'm
> missing a step completely.

Are you following the Handbook? In which part are you?