[Spce-user] ngcp as virtual pbx

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 8 11:23:10 EDT 2012

El Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:03:53 +0200
"Joan Cifre (ibred)" <jcifre at ib-red.com> escribió:

> Hi all,
> is it possible to configure Sipwise to be used as virtual PBX for a
> company? Should be able to call between extensions of the same company
> (just between its extensions), configure short numbers for extensions,
> create groups of followme, etc,... I know it should be done using an
> external PBX, but for simple funcionalities as calling to extensions
> maybe it should be enough for small companies.
> Kind regards,

You can create/use short extensions using rewrite rules. Remember that you can
set the per subscriber.

You have a very powerful call forward and followme configuration option already
in the system. So that wouldn't be a problem although it's not very user
friendly IMHO. Maybe creating you own interface via the provisioning system
would be a good idea.

For other more PBX specific scenarios we have an optional module for PRO
systems which is in beta state. I'm not sure if it will make it for 2.7 or if
it will have to wait until 2.8. As soon as it's ready we'll offer an overview
of it.